Neck pain is characterized with a sharp or dull aching in the neck, shoulder or the surrounding muscles which may result to back pain…
…and this can cause numbness, headaches, tingling, tenderness, stiff neck, swelling in the neck and difficulty in swallowing.
Notable causes of pain in the neck are working at the desk for long hours without taking breaks, poor neck posture, sleeping in a bad neck position and neck jerking during exercises.
Most of the time, neck pain is not a severe condition and it may be easily treated at home using the following home remedies for neck pain …
1. Ice Pack – The cold temperature will help ease neck inflammation and alleviate pain.
…put some crashed ice cubes in a plastic bag, wrap the plastic bag in a thin towel, place the towel with the ice cubes on your neck for not more than 15 minutes at a time. You may repeat this after every 3-4 hours for 24 hours…
AND note that you should not apply ice directly on your skin.
2. Hydrotherapy Home Remedies for Neck Pain – Hydrotherapy is very effective for those looking for fast home remedies for neck pain. This can easily be done while taking a shower at home. The force of the hot water reduces neck soreness and pain.
…target the neck area for 3-4 minutes with warm water, then switch to cold water for 30-60 seconds. Repeat as many times as possible.
Hot water helps to reduce neck stiffness by easing blood circulation and cold water reduces neck inflammation.
…MAKE SURE you keep your neck straight and do not move it to different directions.
3. Epsom Salt Bath – Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate that is a natural muscle relaxant and it reduces neck swelling and pain.
…ADD two cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath, soak your body and especially the neck and back area for 15-30 minutes. You can repeat the remedy until you are completely healed.
AVOID this if you have high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – is a powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant that relieves neck pain quickly. It has a number of nutrients that helps to relieve pain that may be caused by lack of nutrients.
…soak a paper towel in Apple Cider Vinegar, place it on the affected area, leave it for 2-3 hours and repeat until you are completely healed.
Alternatively, you may add 2 cups in lukewarm water and soak your body for a couple of hours repeatedly. This is one of the best method for people looking for home remedies for neck pain.
5. Neck Exercises – Exercises will strengthen and stabilize neck and back muscles. Exercise is one of the most ideal home remedies for neck pain because it helps to relieve stress…
…slowly rotate your neck in a circular motion both clockwise and anti-clockwise. This might be a little painful at the beginning but with time it will loosen up and heal. You can also slowly move your neck from side to side and front to back…
…do your exercises 5 times per session, 3 sessions per day. If the exercises are too painful, consult a doctor.
To completely get rid of neck pain…
…I recommend the Posture Pump® Relief for Neck and Upper Back Pain – Dual Disc Hydrator® Model 1400-D that has helped me tremendously in neck and back pain treatment.
IF you would like to learn more about the Posture Pump, check out my review…